Because he wanted to write his thesis on the Feelings book, an unknown entity, he needed to gain his thesis counselor’s support. And maybe even his enthusiasm. Or he was going to be alone… and it was going to be a tough road to hoe. Continue reading “Who are you? Beauty, truth or goodness? Let’s find out”
This statement says that the Universe can move you to tears, and you’ll feel alive inside. After all feeling alive is maybe the most missing for us: we are alive, we are breathing, eating, maybe even procreating, but we don’t often feel alive. I don’t.
Feeling alive is a special feeling. I remember an advertising line: Alive with pleasure. It was selling cigarettes… but I remember longingly trying on being alive with pleasure. I didn’t smoke.
So yesterday I was thinking of my clients and students and contemplated if I could guess what way the Universe would MOVE them, Truth, Beauty or Goodness.
I was wrong every time. Hm… so I looked further. Continue reading “Alive with pleasure… if that’s you, don’t read this article”
Did you, maybe, inherit it? Is it a reaction of the divine to your parents?
It could be so many different ways!
Let’s look how it would happen by your early life experience, shall we?
Of course, it is not what happens to you, but what you say about it is what is your life experience. And it is influenced by your intangible capacities, already at that early age.
Let’s see an example or comparing two similar incidents, with two different choices.
- Little boy wants to go left on the street corner. Parents are carrying heavy bags of grocery. They want the shortest way home, which is straight… parents go straight, little boy is left on the corner.
- Little girl goes too slow for mother’s taste, or maybe she is running late. But the mother decides to go ahead at her own pace, and leaves the little girl in the street.
Obviously both kids were picked up and taken home.
- The boy said: I have no power. I have to manipulate them better… I will choose beauty and perfection, a world where I am always right.
- The girl said: I am heavy, I am worthless… But I’ll be different. I choose to love… in spite of all. I don’t need to be carried. I’ll go it alone if I must.
- Here is a third story, another little girl. She has an even younger sister who probably misbehaved. The father banishes the little one from the house, and hour later sends the older girl to fetch her.
The 4-year old said: there is no justice. there is no love. there is no truth. I have no power. I choose beauty, and I choose dutiful.
I have a lot more examples… Here are a few more:
- The little boy calls for his mother to wipe his a**. His father comes instead, and makes him stand up, all the “stuff” for the world to see. He decides that it’s important to keep people controlled… He chooses power over others.
- A little girl, third girl in the family, envies all the attention her older sisters are getting… in her world, at her expense. They get the attention she should be getting. She decides that the way to live life is the hog everything of everyone… she chose power over others.
- Yet another little girl defies her father’s instructions to not go out and play with kids outside. She goes, and gets caught. She decides the way to live life is to exercise power over everyone.
- This little girl defies her mother’s instruction to not go into the ocean so she won’t be carried away by the current. She gets carried away by the current. The mother almost kills herself to save her little girl. The girls decides that this power thing works… and makes it her life.
By the way, these power people are no longer students. Why? Because they wanted to overpower me. Fat chance.
My job is to stay free and clear so I can coach you… But that is not what they wanted.
I say the need for other people… or not.
- Goodness says: I can stand alone. I don’t need anyone to approve of me, I don’t need anyone to like me, I am enough alone.
- Truth says: I need people to agree with me. Beauty says: I need people to like me, to approve of me. And Power says: I need people to own, I need people to turn to my will.
Some famous power people: Benjamin Franklin, Jeff Bezos, Steve Jobs, Charlie Munger, Sam Walton
Some famous goodness people: Warren Buffet, Mark Zuckerberg
- Truth people are mostly campaigners, for justice, for the “truth”
- Beauty people… surround themselves with a lot of people, and in my humble opinion, don’t get much done.
Obviously I have just been scratching the surface of this topic, and haven’t been able to get deep. The truth value of what I am saying in this article is 60%… and it’s because 40% is not visible yet.
20% chance, according to Source, that you are able to. Most of you are stuck with what you have: good, bad, ugly.
Your job is to make the best with what you’ve got.
And that, my dear, is the best advice for everyone. If you look closely, only 10% of the best starting point, of the best given becomes anyone worth listening to, or watching.
The distinction is: You can, but will you?
And a bonus assignment for those of you who know him: What quadrant is Tai Lopez in? Please comment below, or if you are stingy, email me. You can put Anonymous for your name, and no one but me will know who made that comment.
PS: here is what is not true in this article:
- you don’t get to choose what inspires you.
- the quadrant of power is the power over yourself… not others
If you want to work on yourself and clear yourself up to be able to hear the divine guidance, come to the Self workshop
How does the divine try to guide you?
I have been harping on values… and it is as if I were speaking in an auditorium where my voice doesn’t, can’t carry… there is no echo. 1
Nothing and no one indicating that they are hearing me, that they are pondering, that the question is heard and taken on as a quest to answer, to ponder, to be taken with you to sleep, to your meditation, to your walks, so you eventually come up with something you value.
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
Community cannot for long feed on itself; it can only flourish with the coming of others from beyond, their unknown and undiscovered brothers.
During times of war, hatred becomes quite respectable even though it has to masquerade often under the guise of patriotism.
– Howard Thurman (1900 – 1981)
There are two kinds of values, temporary/transitory and eternal. Continue reading “What do you want, really? or asked differently What do you really want?”