...poet and filmmaker Jean Cocteau said.
- 1. There are truths that you can only say after having won the right to say them.
- 2. True realism consists in revealing the surprising things that habit keeps covered and prevents us from seeing.
- 3. What the public criticizes in you, cultivate. It is you.
- 4. You should always talk well about yourself! The word spreads around, and in the end, no one remembers where it started.
- 5. We shelter an angel within us. We must be the guardians of that angel.
IF THE ANGEL DECIDES TO COME . . .
'If the Angel decides to come it will be because you have convinced her, not by tears, but by your humble resolve to be always beginning; to be a beginner.' ~ Rainer Maria Rilke Continue reading "People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care"
When I suggested the exercise to make a list of what don't you want, to tease out some distinction of the self, I expected that people will get to a place where their real colors will show.
I was sorely disappointed, and disturbed by what actually showed up: people only having ANY real concern for themselves, and even those concerns were not high-minded.
Upon reflection, I can see that it's no wonder what is happening in the world.
Here are a few quotes that will show where and how the world is going... due to that narrow cone of vision, due to the survival/scarcity mindedness, low vibration of nearly everyone on earth.
Benjamin Franklin said, "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." Continue reading "It’s no wonder what is happening in the world…"