So how is life counterintuitive?
Here are a few examples:
- If you want to get something done fast, the worst way to go about it is to hurry. It either takes the same time, but cost you emotional expenditure you can’t afford, or it takes a whole longer.
- The more coffee (or tea) you drink because you are tired the more tired you become.
- The higher your moods are the deeper your depression will become.
- The more important praise is for you the more wounding a bad feedback will feel.
- The more you want to be happy to less happy you’ll become.
- If you want to be happy, and say: I will have a little about-me time, or more than a little… you immediately less happy.
- In fact, the more your life is about you or about your life, the unhappier you become.