On Saturday, January 3rd, at exactly 5:42 pm my nose started to bleed. By the time I grabbed something to hold to my nose I was soaked in blood. Red, thick, beautiful blood. Scary. My inner eyes projected a scenario: me, on the floor, dead, in a pool of blood.
I checked my pulse and it was bang, bang, bang, unusually strong. "I must have high blood pressure" I thought. Both my parents died of broken blood vessels... and both my brothers have high blood pressure.
The blood eruption repeated itself at 11:02 pm, three times on Sunday, and twice on Monday.
Monday night, as I was staring at the blank wall contemplating the chances of dying, I suddenly saw my Kabbalah teacher in my mind's eye. She recently recovered from a nasty disease, and it had done her a world of good. She literally transformed herself during the months of her illness.
Suddenly, I knew that the same is happening to me. I knew that this scare is a gift, and it is a blessing. Seemingly in disguise.
The next thing I know, the bleeding stopped, and it hasn't come back, knock on wood, for two whole days.
Naomi has been my Kabbalah teacher for three or four years. We butt heads all the time.
When she first called she dislodged me from a place of complacency. I both appreciated and resented her. It cost me money, it cost me comfort.
We have been through together a lot, sometimes having shouting matches. I decided many times that I would never talk to that uncaring b.. again.
I have grown more from her not agreeing with me than from all the adoration I had gotten from other teachers and coaches.
I think that our relationship is a soul mate relationship. She rubs me the wrong way, there is friction, there is chafing, and there is growth.
All of life is about growing, and soul mates are the secret allies to that. A half heavenly half hellish alliance.
A real soul mate won't let you off the hook. The American ideal of always agreeing and always having a good time isn't designed for growth, more for staying the same.
Soul mate relationship is about growth. Remember, the irritation caused by the sand in a sea shell makes it grow a beautiful jewel, a pearl. So is it with human beings... you can grow yourself to be something special through a soul mate's friction.
Thank you Naomi.
Soul Mate stuff on other blogs in the blogosphere:
- HogwartsProfessor.com · Fan Entitlement Syndrome: Shipping Wars Redux
- Poor choices? Uncle Sam will make a law to the rescue! [Darleen Click]
- I get letters
- The Soulmate Secret from Paul O'Brien's Tarot Blog
- Manifest your Soulmate With a Vision Map Video |
- Virginity Rules " Blog Archive " February Coalition 2/28/08
- Good Timing in Love from Paul O'Brien's Tarot Blog
- The Oasis Of My Soul " Blog Archive " " Roaming my own levels, DV, Ca
- Cheating Spouse Private Investigator Insights " Blog Archive " Stop ...
- Starting Over with Online Dating | iSingles Online Dating Blog
- Shilpa Shetty set to marry at the end of 2009 | iSingles Online Dating Blog
- Melanie & Carl's Amazing Ace of Diamonds Love Story | SHIFT-IT Coach Blog
- T-Sides " Blog Archive " Lost MP3 of the Week: "Escape (The Pina Colada ...
- adam brody online // your source for everything adam brody
- Old Hag
- Internet Dating | Nora Caron
- CouchSurfing the World " Blog Archive " A writer without words
- Western Herald " Blog Archive " Readers share the love of Valentine's day
- Scribble Village " Wiretap
- Cliburn blog " Blog Archive " Eye of the Hurricane
- Sarah's Story - Being LDS and married to a gay man | InsideOUT News ...
- Coach Sappho's BLOG~ Lesbian Love Coach :: Singles, Dating ...
- SBV Happenings " Blog Archive " Greg Ellis in Valentine
- Oklahoma Rock Newsblog " Blog Archive " D.C. Minner Dead at 73
- Choosing the Right One | Nora Caron
- DCBlogs " DC Blogs Noted
- The Oasis Of My Soul " Blog Archive " " Around and around in Circles ...
- Is this a bipolar supporter loser attitude or not?
- Event Season is here! " Daddy's Blog
- " Blog Archive " |*| New Bottles Birthed through the 888 Stargates
- Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie Tanner) Gets Married To Cody Herpin (Photos ...
- My Blog " Blog Archive " He popped the question!
- Dusty Shelves " Blog Archive " A blind date with a book
- Ken Nguyen " Blog Archive " A Look Back: Ho Chi Minh & Ba Ria, Vung Tau
- Help From Above / ?????? C???? " Blog Archive " Finding My Soul Mate
- The Business By the Book Blog " Blog Archive " Why Arielle Ford Doesn't ...
- SpeakerSue Says... " The essence of success
- Animá " Wild Healing: The Medicine of Moonwort
- " Temptation of Wife " Korean Drama
- [Ascaloth] CLANNAD ~After Story~, Extra Episode at Riuva : Research ...
- Author Author " Blog Archive " Talking with Julia Glass
- Girls Guide to Dating " Blog Archive " Breakup Bitterness
- Secretly Ironic " Blog Archive " The Story Of Edgar Sawtelle
- slowburn :: CR-78 samples
- Family Dogs New Life Shelter " HUGGINS
- Ask500 Blog " Blog Archive " Ask500People Weekly - July 2, 2008
- The Human Touch " Age differences between men and women
- Sherri Morris ~ Why Moms Matter Award | Why Moms Matter
- Romance Junkies Blog | Rochelle Weber and Rock Bound by Rochelle Weber
- Anatomy of a Book Deal " Blog Archive
- Vision Map Video is Like Life Staging for Empowerment |
- Lady Jaye's Revenge " Blog Archive " Feel Good Friday - Maybe I'm Amazed
- What Were They Thinking?! " Blog Archive " Whiny Brat
- Psychic Bitch Alerts " Blog Archive " 10 Commandments for Calling Psychics
- • Teej Festival 2008 " Patiala Blog
- IndianWeddingCard.com blog " Blog Archive " Wording the Perfect Wedding ...
- I Love This World " I love Italo Disco.
- Guerrilla Cause Marketing | Guerrilla Marketing Blog: Low Cost Business ...
- Kerry Crew Mates Urge Rejection of Fox Nomination - Liberal Values ...
- New trail run honors cyclist killed in Racine County " Silent Sports ...
- hydrabrowser.com " Blog Archive " The shape of the things to come...
- Vampire Film Lacks Bite " FHSU Leader
- Working R. " Ken's Blog
- Future Subversive " Ken's Blog
- Feel The Buzz? | Feel It Real! The Law of Attraction Blog
- Masters of Horror " Kitty Safe Network Mews
- Romance Junkies Blog | LOVE, ITALIAN STYLE
- GirlTalk " Blog Archive " The Morality of Vegetarianism
- Russian Dating Guide Blog Archive | International Online Dating " Blog ...
- Amy Ruttan " Blog Archive " Urban Dictionary
- The Management Blog " Blog Archive " Did we get it wrong?
- The Write Life " Blog Archive " Final Five!!!!
- How Feeling It Real Makes Your Current Reality More | Feel It Real! The ...
- JDaters Anonymous " CAGE MATCH: JDATERSANONYMOUS VS. JDATE
- Janeblog " The Bachelor Finale
- Anatomy of a Book Deal " Blog Archive
- My Blog " Blog Archive " I only want to be with you
- LizzieSiddal.com / Answering Questions: Lizzie's Death
- Non Breaking Space " Am i jinxed? by Umesh Gopinath Theratt
- Adele Dubois Blog " Blog Archive " My Real Life Happily-Ever-After
- Nothing But Red Edited by Skyla Dawn Cameron | Bitten by Books
- HANNAH: Is Marriage for Life? | soyouvebeendumped.com
- Navy Phim - A Writer's Journey - Blogging Reflections " Old Writing
- The Graveyard Shift " Blog Archive " Literary Agent Verna Dreisbach ...
- Empathy: Hurts So Good " Deadline Dames
- Esoteric Rabbit Blog " Blog Archive " Happy Hour
- Blatherskite " 25 things about me.
- Image Matters " Let's Kick Start The New Year With New Dreams and ...
- Emily Magazine " Blog Archive " Put a ring on it
- Janet's Corner " Post Topic " Existentialism: Food for Thought
- Has Yahoo Gone Madd??
- Alarms and Interruptions
- How to Get Your Ex Back – What To Do When Shes Dumped You | Help! I ...
- " Blog Archive