How it prevents you from seeing reality, or hearing what is being said.
It was somewhat new to me, so if it was new to me, it will be really new to you.
It seems that we have words that we consider bad, or something like that.
When I ask: what is the opposite of work, a huge big world of leisure, fun, luxury, shows up for you.
The side of work… it is blocked by your world view that says: I should have a life without work.
But life doesn’t agree. Life is empty and impossible to enjoy without work.
There is only one activity in life that you can do almost limitlessly: work. You cannot sleep longer than your body says… You cannot have sex, eat, laugh, speak, watch Netflix longer than your body agrees. But you can work and work and work some more and be well.
This is not specific for humans. Animals work too. Finding their food is their work. Getting their offspring protected and raised is their work.
Animals in captivity are unhappy: they are deprived of their work. Humans in captivity are unhappy: what is bad about jail or prison is that there is nothing to do to fill the time. No work.
One can say: work is your means to become a person. To have a Self. To have a self to express. To say who you are with your actions.
When you are robbed of that by considering work a four-letter word, they robbed you of your self-expression…
If you don’t leave the environment that says “work is bad” or however they say it, or retirement is better, or being rich means no work, you’ll never become a person.
Work is your riches. Not your money, not your stuff. No. It’s your work.
It’s your birthright.
Don’t live a half-life… please. You are wretched… and now you know why.
2. You use words interchangeably, as if they meant the same.1
One example that came up in the conversation was the words: strategy and process. 2
They have zero overlap.
Unless you know that, you won’t amount to much in any area of life… Can’t. Because you need both, but if you collapse the two words then you won’t develop both.
You need it everywhere, regardless of your education, regardless of your profession, regardless of your family status.
It what makes life, work, play, taking care of yourself or your family fun, easy, and a dance.
The distinction is missing, and it is missing that it’s missing. You don’t know why life isn’t working for you, you don’t know why you can’t take on a new project, or change some habits without leaving your life in a sham.
You don’t know why you don’t have time, or energy, or ambition to do new things.
You don’t know that your relationship to life is severely limited by your lack of distinction between words.
And maybe even specifically those two: strategy and process.
Not accidentally, I had two conversations with two people this week who had the same barrier to growth.
3. Living life through judgments…
Judgments are those binary statements you say in your head, that say something, good or bad, about a thing, a person, an idea.
Good/bad, stupid/smart, interesting/boring
One came up really strongly. My client asked himself: What am I excited about?
The question says it all: being excited is good. Not excited: not so good.
Here is the truth, here is what Life has to say:
Looking for excitement is definitely the way to be bipolar, and being a dog wagged by the tail. 3
Result: nobody home, no person, no life. Hating life.
Life is best lived by living. Living is not exciting. Excitement is a peak experience that makes you old really fast. And it has its dark side, letdown.
When you consider excitement desirable, your life feels boring. Blah. And we can safely say: you are an addict. And your life is run by that addiction, not you.
No chance for growing, self-evolution, joy, enjoyment… because those need life to be not exciting. In excitement you can’t even look around: you are holding on with your fingertips… risking flying off into oblivion…
So life is passing you by.
You cannot and won’t see the beauty. You cannot and won’t see values in things, activities, people. You won’t have any joy.
Screaming on a roller coaster is not joy. It is fear, really. Terror.
People who are happy avoid excitement. And people who like excitement.
So what can you do? How can you catch that you are living a life of addiction?
I recommended to my client to catch himself when he judges… and add just one thing.
By the way: catching doesn’t mean stop judging. No, catching means, in this real life work, noticing.
So when you notice a judgment, do one thing: add another aspect to the binary statement. Blue, for example.
When the judgment is: stupid… then add blue.
It is a subtle change, but it will start taking you from blocking half of the world out to including a little bit more of it.
Stupid… blue. You cannot avoid but smile… can you?
That’s hard… blue. funny as hell.
I am NEVER… blue.
The jump between systemic judgment, the kind you do, to assessment… where you actually have more than one adjective on the side… is difficult even to understand.
So the mechanical action of adding the quality of blue, an adjective, is our way to create a stairway back to life. A full life. A life where you can see things, not judge them.
You can even do this with the word “work”… add an adjective… blue.
It may make all the difference.
- You even do this while you read or while you listen. You hear one word and then quickly replace it with another you are more familiar with… and you think you got what was said. You didn’t. You got what you have always gotten.
This is the reason I am not afraid to give you 3500 articles for free. You are not able to get the results the articles COULD produce, because of this phenomenon… you cannot get the things Ii say because of this word switcheroo…
Even in one-on-one conversations this is a real challenge to me to keep on hammering away. And with all the hammering, and all the time, and all the checking, I can produce a 10% uptake at best.
Devastating. Especially because you, the “listener” think that you got everything I said… you didn’t.
The Starting Point Measurement (#23) is absolutely indicative of this. I haven’t, thus far, measured a person who measured higher than 10% on that score.
This article and the techniques I give you here can raise your score, your clarity, over time. It’s a process! And like every and any process, it can become a routine, like a dance, enjoyable. I’ll write an article about that next.
1. your soul correction (your machine): https://www.yourvibration.com/sc
2. do you have attachments?
3. the level of your health (1-100):
4. the level of your cell hydration (1-100):
5. your relationship to feedback and instruction:
6. The level of discomfort you are willing to allow w/o trying to fix it. This is your TLB score…
7. The size of your vocabulary: the number of words you can use accurately:
8. To what degree you think of yourself:
9. # of fixed mindset:
12. Degree of inauthenticity overall:
13. Level of integrity 1-100:
14. how enslaved are you to memes? (what percentage of your life is run by memes?)
15. do you have a bridge between your precious “I” and your actual I? What is your level of delusion
16. To what degree you have access to your adult capacities %
17. How teachable/how coachable are you?
18. The level of your awareness?
19. your vibration (1-1000):
20. your overall intelligence, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, body, relationship, etc.:
21. the number of spiritual capacities you have:
22. the percentage of time you spend in the mind,
23. the percentage of input that gets through to you.
- Strategy is the what of the accomplishment. What you are going to do… Process is the how. Our goal is to first examine what you are doing, and then what we decide is going to get you there, we keep… and turn into routine. So fine-tuned that it feels effortless and joyous like a dance.
- By the way: when you are looking for experiences, you are really looking for excitement. I write about this in this article What you crave is experiences…