Ever since Saturday I have been observing myself putting myself down, devaluing myself. Telling people I am not such a good coach, etc. etc. etc.
I know what happened. I know exactly.
I watched this guy's videos, I read his testimonials, I heard his superior facility to guide people and take them where he wanted them to go. I watched his 24/7 tireless enthusiasm to turn marginally interested people into fans. And I compared.
You compare, all the time, don't you? Yourself with others, others with others, others with their previous performance, others with what could be the best, others to what is right, others to what is generous... and so on and so forth.
It sounds innocent, doesn't it? And yet, it's toxic. Totally damaging to who you are.
And it's totally human. It is totally mind. And... let's see what we can observe about comparing:
When you compare people
- you are not present. You are only present to your superiority: after all you are the judge.
- they don't matter. The are just a side of an equation, non-entity.
- Someone always comes out at the bottom... you are killing life
- You are playing God
You see, Source has only a few moral codes for conduct
- free will. Things are not forced down on anyone's throat. Even more: without asking no light is given
- No thing, that belongs to another is taken away and given to another.And that "no thing" includes dignity, honor, respect, etc. One can earn it, but it's never taken away from another. Only humans do that in their infinite pride thinking themselves God. If you didn't, then if you encountered someone who is better than you, then suddenly you would have new mountains to climb, new rivers to cross... because you would see that you could get better.
So, where do you start if you want to get rid of this impediment, this misery maker: comparing?
Surprise! Though ultimately you will be the beneficiary, you can't start with yourself. If you try, you'll flip into an even worse pit... out of which it is even harder to get out. Don't tell me I didn't warn you!
So, this is what you do: you bring nothing to the present, then compassion and then validation to the "picture" that you normally would judge.
In the beginning it is going to be step by step, it will take thinking, it will take generosity... but with practice you are going to be able to live that way, it will be like changing how you breathe... not a big process, but you still need to be mindful, can you see that??
The question that may come up: do you have the capacity or do you need an activator? What capacities will you need?
- The capacity to bring nothing to a picture
- The capacity to bring compassion to a picture
- The capacity to bring validation to a picture.
Once you go from "unconscious incompetence" where you probably are now, through conscious incompetence, conscious competence to unconsciously competence, bringing those capacities to looking at other people, you'll notice that your self-judgment won't be there. Wow... where did it go, right?
Let's me distinguish the three capacities so you know you are using them and can do more of it.
- The capacity to bring nothing to a situation: when you see the situation you have already said something. Already... before you even looked. Judgment. But that is not the end: you can soften your gaze, say: "it ain't necessarily so" and just hang in there. Allow the fact that what you see means nothing, or at the least not what you automatically judged it as. Create a buffer, a mist, a fog, an uncertainty to the situation.
- The capacity to bring compassion to a situation: when you can look at something beyond the surface, and can pick out the objective elements (objective Reality) of it, then you can recognize yourself and things that you have done in the past. You can have empathy for the other person, you can see that they are not stuck there, given that you have been there and have gone beyond (if you have...)
- The capacity to bring validation to a situation: when you look at something someone did, you judge from the outside. With this capacity you go inside and think: If I were the same age, the same gender, the same sexual preference as this person, and if I had had the same upbringing, had heard the same horrible things people thrown at them, I would probably be in the same situation, know what they know, think what they think, feel what they feel. If all "accidentals" like the date of birth, the religion, the tragedies that have befallen this person, the friends' influence, the music they listen to, the videos they watch, etc were the same, you can see that you would do the same "horrible thing" what they have done.
You can see that after exercising these three capacities, you can't really be judgmental of the other person, can't, not really.
Now, let's turn it around: If the person you are judging is you, the process is the same, and the result is the same. You really can't judge yourself: your actions are going to be consistent with all those "accidentals."
The real question, in the quietness that suddenly enters your judgmental mind is: what can I do to change the accidentals?
- You can't change what has happened, but you can change what you say about it.
- You can't change what people have taught you in life that rendered you less than who you would like to be, but you can change your mind about it and start adding knowledge and speaking 1 that alters you on all levels of consciousness through seeing.
If you immerse yourself in a new culture that does that, please know that as soon as you leave that immersion, the old stuff will be back full tilt boogie.
The only methodology I know that effects you on the subconscious level and therefore causes permanent changes is activation while connected to Source. Update: with the new activators, because I include the energy of the connection, you don't need to be connected...
It's also the most inexpensive, least time-consuming way: after all Source is doing most of the work. UPDATE: half of the work... you still need to do half!
Update: March 2018
I have been playing the Abundance Avatar State Activator in my office/kitchen/living room for about three years.
My accomplishments are totally due to that audio. OK, half... because of co-creation. But had I accomplished half, I would still be tickled pink.
When I put up that audio... you can hear the birds chirping in the background on every call I make... quite loud... but very cheerful...
OK, when I put up that audio, 70-80% of my income came from another business wholly incompatible with this one, where I work to raise the truth value of people's world view and consequently raise their vibration.
In the other business I catered to people's baser desires, and of course I made a lot more money. Just look what YOU spend your money on...
What does this mean? Or better said: what did it mean?
I had to be willing to let go of that income, and put all my eggs in one basket.
It was terrifying. For months I was late with my rent. My account was overdrawn in the bank. I needed the uplifting of the Avatar State Audio.
That energy lifted me out of the scarcity thinking (thinking it's never going to work) and help me see what I needed to do to make it work.
I cut expenses. I created new products. I raised my prices. And managed to return to the income I had before I dropped the income source that was counter to my declared purpose: I work to raise the truth value of people's world view and consequently raise their vibration