If you want to learn more about the backfire effect and other related behaviors (confirmation bias, deductive reasoning, etc), I highly recommend listening to the whole thing:
Podcast Part 1 – Podcast Part 2 – Podcast Part 3
I would also like to thank my wonderful girlfriend Theresea for calling my attention to the backfire effect in the first place. The past year has been rough for a lot of people, and she pointed me in a direction that could actually help people. Theresea: you’re amazing, I love you, thank you.
USC Creativity and Brain Institute
Neural correlates of maintaining one’s political beliefs in the face of counterevidence
By Sarah Gimbel and Sam Harris.
Other fun reading
USC Creativity and Brain institute
Roe v. Wade
Subscribe to notifications
Let me send you an email every time I publish a new article
You can unsubscribe any time.
- Trying to change your worldview is like pissing in the wind...
- Case Study #8: Radical Undoing and other breathing programs
- Being 'inadequate' is a feeling... not the truth.
- Have you bidded yet on the tiny audio to adjust your DNA?
- Raise your vibration using The Placebo Effect
- Appearences are only skin deep: the truth is hidden deep under the surface