If you want to learn more about the backfire effect and other related behaviors (confirmation bias, deductive reasoning, etc), I highly recommend listening to the whole thing:
Podcast Part 1 – Podcast Part 2 – Podcast Part 3
I would also like to thank my wonderful girlfriend Theresea for calling my attention to the backfire effect in the first place. The past year has been rough for a lot of people, and she pointed me in a direction that could actually help people. Theresea: you’re amazing, I love you, thank you.
USC Creativity and Brain Institute
Neural correlates of maintaining one’s political beliefs in the face of counterevidence
By Sarah Gimbel and Sam Harris.
Other fun reading
USC Creativity and Brain institute
Roe v. Wade
Subscribe to notifications
Let me send you an email every time I publish a new article
- Case Study #8: Radical Undoing and other breathing programs
- The parallels and the differences between best selling, Robert Greene, author and me
- Just hang in there! Your reactiveness is destructive!
- OK, You Are Connected. You've Been Connecting Every Day... Now What? Are You Enlightened Now?
- Raise your vibration using The Placebo Effect
- Here is an example of a distinction not many would recognize...