if you REALLY want to know what your loved ones think of you, how they see you, there is this really great interview you can do. you have to be COMPLETELY OPEN AND WILLING to hear their honest responses. you ask them these 5 questions and let them know they can be totally honest and you won't freak out or get defensive. you have to listen actively but without reacting. Write down what they say, verbatim, the mind will forget!
1. what do you like about me?
2. what don't you like about me?
3. what do you see as my strengths?
4. what do you see as my weaknesses?
5. is there anything else you've ever wanted to say to me?
if you are up for it, it can be a pretty AMAZING experience. very enlightening.