I am reading many books, many articles. They all say that my life could be better, would be better if I just looked at the bright side of things. But that... looking at only the bright side of things, actually leads to a boring, inauthentic life. What makes good good is the contrast... No bad? Not looking at it? there suddenly isn't good either... only boring, dull, dead. And you can't sleep... 1
Moreover, if the purpose of life is to become all you can be, to see all you can see, then what helps you most is seeing what is not so great about you.
My base nature is to see what is off. In anything, anywhere.
It is not pessimism, because I don't think it is something bad. It is what is off. It is not negativity, because I don't limit my looking and I don't limit my seeing to only what doesn't work: I also see what works.
Life is dull when you see only one side of things...
The dullest people are the ones with the rose colored glasses... And inside, they are also conflicted, struggle with guilt, self-blame, and misery.
My machine is more interested in pointing out what is off, what is not fitting, what is treacherous or is a lie. And, of course, some people can take it, some people can deal with it, and other people can't. Some will always insist on hiding the ugly... and hate me for showing it, and refuse to see it for what it is: what keeps them in their misery.
I see the benefits of being likeable. But I don't see the benefit of being lopsided... Because THEY say, the articles, the books, the psychologists, the gurus, the unhappy students say that i am lopsided.
I am a firm adherent of the Anna Karenina principle: if you narrow your path of attitudes to the ones that work by eliminating what don't, you have a lot more chance to achieve health: physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual, wealth, love and fulfillment. 2
And when those disharmonious attitudes that keep you off the straight and narrow path are gone, you find a new enthusiasm, love, and passion for life: the things that were impossible to love with the attitudes you had before are now all you have... and they are lovely.
I believe that we were all born with what it takes to be personally happy and fulfilled.
Maybe not all of us were born very healthy, but we were born the healthiest we can be. 3
I have been following this brilliant marketer who trains most of the real marketers who know what they are doing.
I watch this guy's videos, and I am overwhelmed by the internal dissonance in his teaching. 5
Almost every claim you read about stuff sold, especially in the arena of health and spirituality, is sold today based on the principle he teaches... which is to lie in one form or another.
How do people lie that you don't detect it?
They use your ignorance.
You don't know how things work, and that makes you vulnerable. You repeat what they say as if it were the truth, but when we scratch a little deeper, you lack the knowledge base to decide if what you heard, what you are repeating even make sense.
I find, that you don't know that you are ignorant.
You don't know that you only see things that are named, and then you can't tell if you heard it right, if the word they said was an accurate reflection of reality, or not.
You view the world from the street level... and in addition, your level of clarity of what you see is maybe even lower than street level. 7
Turmeric Bioperine. That is a bitter root vegetable (Turmeric) with black pepper.
Both Turmeric and black pepper are anti-inflammatory.
The winning, best-selling products say that turmeric needs the black pepper to activate it. They are exactly the same as any other product, in essence.
But that word, activate makes it a winner in your mind. In the world of chemistry, activating, the word, is reserved to enzymes: molecules that make something possible without actually changing themselves or being used up in the process. "Enzyme is a substance produced by a living organism that acts as a catalyst to bring about a specific biochemical reaction". And "catalyst is a substance that increases the rate of a chemical reaction without itself undergoing any permanent chemical change"
But of course this is not true about black pepper: it gets digested, dissolved, and used up in the process that reduces inflammation.
So the correct verbiage would be: turmeric and black pepper both have strong anti-inflammatory properties, and it seems that together they have synergy. "Synergy is the interaction or cooperation of two or more organizations, substances, or other agents to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects."
But telling the sexy lie... the bioperine activates the turmeric... they sell tons of the same product, different story. Story sells, even if it is a lie.
Titillation is a form of stimulation... short term and superficial... but does seem to give people a little bit of an experience of aliveness. Because their insides, their lives are so dead, even a little bit of excitement is a big deal. 8
Our mind loves titillation. It sees sex, sexy, arousal in many things, and marketers are just making those connections more obvious.
Seeing a product put next, put together with someone who is sexy, makes both a man and a woman instantly associate the product with pleasure. Sexual arousal.
If you are unaware, if you are ignorant of this effect, you are always the sucker in the room.
There is 25-cognitive-biases somewhere on this site.
A cognitive bias is a shortcut made by the mind, a shortcut that makes you a sucker.
Liking is one of these cognitive biases.
If you like me then you will be more willing to believe what I say. You'll be proud to show me off to your friends. You'll buy stuff more from me.
And I'd like that. The more people buy my products, including my coaching, the more chances i have to make a difference.
Pulling you in by positive images, a future, mentioning bliss, etc. keep you OFF the straight and narrow, because they keep you in the mind.
And the mind is not interested in you changing at all. And it's not interested in you dropping an unproductive attitude, a bad habit, or your ignorance.
Does this mean that nothing will work to take you to the straight and narrow?
It might mean that. Unless you buckle in, and start working on stuff, even if you don't like it, even if it is not pleasant, even if it is tedious, and have nothing to titillate you... 🙁
Ugh, you say, don't you? Too much work, you say. Or you prefer blaming others and circumstances instead of letting go and becoming a person?
What I have been doing devising ways for you to have your cake and eat it too.
I am telling you, it is rare, but possible.
The practices I recommend in my articles are a good example: they are both fun and effective.
"Effective: successful in producing a desired or intended result."
Of course something effective in theory will only become effective in reality if it is used as directed.
Now, that is a bummer, eh? Not enough to imagine it? Baaah! Not enough to talk about it? Ugh...
Yeah, sorry about that. Reality is a b-i-t-c-h, isn't it?
- Just listen to 99.99% of the gurus. Their soothing breezy/breathy speaking gives them away. They may have even studied NLP or hypnotic suggestions... And you eat it up... soooo sooothing... must be true! lol
- My energy remedies are all based on the Anna Kerenina principle: they attempt to eliminate what isn't part of happy, healthy, loving or abundant. The Heaven on earth, the Unconditional Love Activator, the Effortless Abundance... I add nothing, take away what is disharmonious, what is not a Yes to life.
- Some of us aren't born with very perfect bodies. I myself am an example of that. Just this year I had two monumental health scares, when my health number dropped to 10% from where it usually sits, 70%. It's back at 60% now... so it looks as if I am out of the woods... But for how long?
- Internal dissonance will make you sick, or you may already be sick.
The source of the internal dissonance is the disagreement between parts of the team that he is, that every human is: self, Self, Witness, "ego", body, mind, soul, the spirit/spark, etc.
When you are killing life, with one hand, and building life with the other... it is unavoidable that you have a disagreement between... and it will wreck your body. 4If someone needs to lose so you can get rich... Kabbalah says that cancer is an opportunistic "disease", it is cancer cells using themselves to fill the space between those two parts, the space left by that internal dissonance... It feels right, but it's not proven... not enough data.
- A few years ago a really beautiful fairy tale was published. Educational, inspirational, powerful. The Anastasia series, the Ringing Cedars of Russia. When people found out that the story is not true, they were disappointed. Instead of learning, just like you can learn from the Bible... whether the story is true or not.
- Ignorance is a sign of slothfulness. It is also a sign that you are a taker. A beggar. You don't want to do any work. Really... you could if you applied yourself... but you don't. And you could start any day, wherever you are. You can't start where you aren't... Can read a page an hour? Then start there. Can hear 1% of what is being taught? Start there!
- The article that has the word: chill. https://www.yourvibration.com/17870/1714-quotes-that-will-give-you-chills/ Chill is another word like titillation... being tickled by a feather... erotic. "Titillation: the arousal of interest or excitement, especially through sexually suggestive images or words". Or miracles, superpowers, virgin birth, magical incantations, healing shamans, blah blah blah.